As we prepare for Thanksgiving this week, the BANANAS Bunch is reflecting on this year and counting the many exciting opportunities we are grateful for. We have come to realize that our words have power. During the last year, we asked you to Invest in Kids. And, with your support, we could positively impact so many families by helping prepare their children to be Ready for School, Ready for Life!
For the past 12 months, BANANAS has worked hard to best serve and engage family, friends, and neighbors (FFN) caregivers, connecting caregivers to resources, such as workshops, playgroups, FFN Caregiver Toolkit, and so much more. Additionally, this year we are supporting homeless and foster families in finding child care.
While we are partnering with families, we are also working tirelessly to support our children. We advocated for Measure AA – Oakland Children’s Initiative that will help alleviate poverty by providing Oakland children with affordable and quality preschool and college. Unfortunately, Measure AA did not pass, but we’re not done yet! We will continue to work hard for our children, families, and community, but, not without YOUR SUPPORT!
This Giving Tuesday on November 27, we want you to support Our Words in Action campaign so that every child has access to high quality and affordable early care and education, and every parent and caregiver understands the importance of early learning, child development, and kindergarten readiness. We do this because we believe in raising happy, confident children.
Here are 5 ways you can support us:
1. Give to BANANAS through our Facebook Fundraiser
2. Make a donation to us on our website. We appreciate any amount
3. Shop online at our Boutique. Buy custom swag like cute babywear, warm winter hoodies, shopping bags, classic trucker hats, personalized mugs, and more
4. Purchase all your holiday gifts through Smile.Amazon.com by choosing BANANAS for all your purchases. We receive a percentage of the profits from every item sold
5. Share this blog with your family and friends
Help us raise $5,000 to help our community grow, explore, and learn!
On #GivingTuesday, look out for emails from us and keep an eye on our Facebook and Twitter pages for up-to-the-minute information, including matching gift opportunities that will double the impact of your support!
Your donation makes a difference!