Child Care Licensing

Child Care Providers

Want to Open Your Own Child Care Center or Family Child Care Program?

In the state of California, there are two types of child care licenses, Family Child Care and Child Care Center. For more specific information on obtaining either type of child care license in Alameda, Albany, Berkeley, Emeryville, Oakland, or Piedmont, please contact Provider Support.

Family Child Care License: This type of license is for people who work in their own homes as caregivers. BANANAS assists prospective family child care providers in Northern Alameda County with all sorts of information about membership support associations, insurance, professional development workshops, health and safety classes and, of course, how to get child care referrals from us.

Child Care Center License: This license is for people who wish to provide child care services in an out-of-home setting. BANANAS assists prospective center-based providers with information and support throughout all steps of the process, sample documents for the licensing application and referrals to support services.

For more information, please contact Provider Support at or register for our monthly Opening a Family Child Care Information Session.

Translate »