Child Care Referrals
- Looking for child care and need referrals for Northern Alameda County?
- Needing help paying for child care?
- Are you a parent looking for playgroups, for you or your child’s caregiver?
Since 1973, BANANAS’ Resource & Referral team has provided one-on-one support to families by creating individualized child care referral plans based on our database of more than 900 child care options in Northern Alameda County. With such a large and diverse selection of providers, we are able to offer families the opportunity to find the perfect fit. In order to put together a referral plan that is uniquely tailored to each family, we place an emphasis on understanding the particulars of each family’s situation, including families of children with special needs. We are creative in finding possible options, and guide parents with suggestions and tips while empathizing with their concerns and showing how a family can advocate for themselves.
Tiny Steps / Head Start Family Child Care Program
The Tiny Steps / Head Start Family Child Care program offers nurturing, home-based, high-quality full-day, and year-round childcare options for children 6 weeks to 5 years old.
Our program applies all Head Start standards of care and a formal learning curriculum that you can see, to ensure your child is learning and growing. Our caring and compassionate Teachers provide a low ratio of adult to children to ensure safety. The Tiny Steps Teachers value your child’s culture and family background and are ready to welcome you.
- Free Laptop & Wi-Fi Hotspot
- Free Nutritional Meals and Snacks
- Free Diapers
- Free Health and Dental screenings
- Free Physical and Counseling Support for Children and Parents
- Free Early Intervention Support and Therapy for Children with Special Needs
Allona Gill – Head Start Coordinator
Child Care Reimbursements
Many working families in low-wage jobs depend on government subsidies for child care expenses. BANANAS is the clearinghouse for these subsidies in Northern Alameda County. We advise parents as to whether they qualify and help parents sign up on Eligibility Lists.
- Get more information, including whether you qualify for child care reimbursements.
- Learn about child care options.
Resource & Referral Counselors are here to help you:
Contact us so we may help with your child care search. Let us know the age of your child, type of program, hours of care, and area of care needed (city and zip code).