THE ZOOM LINK WILL BE AT THE BOTTOM OF THE CONFIRMATION EMAIL!
This interactive workshop is for providers who are looking to design an ECE environment that is rich with STEM opportunities for young children, while working smarter, not harder.
• Examples of how to support and foster young children’s interest in STEM through environment, including what interaction and supervision can look like
• What STEM can look like at all the learning stations of an ECE environment
• How DRDP and Next Generation Science Standards can inspire your STEM curriculum
• ECE STEM Environment Checklist
• Practices to support STEM opportunities on-the-floor through environment design
• Ways to connect practices with the DRDP
• Digital resources
STEM environment design ideas that utilize materials and spaces you already have or can easily access
Family engagement ideas
How different perspectives and diverse representation in science, especially for Black and Indigenous and children of Color, matters in your ECE environment